We believe birth matters – extraordinary, yet simple, beautiful and powerful – all at the same time.
Welcome to Deep Roots Birth and Wellness
Serving families in Kalona, Iowa and surrounding rural areas within a 15 mile radius.
Or call and leave a voicemail with your phone number, name, and best time to call to schedule an appointment
Ask any woman of any age for her birth stories and be amazed.
Birth is transformative.
What do you want to remember in your birth story?
We believe that birth is a normal life event, that the birthing process can be trusted.
Be a part of creating the setting, the comfort, and the care that you’ll experience in the process!
We are Kim and Jamie
Your certified and licensed professionals and advocates for your family’s choices.
We believe in normal physiological birth and serving moms and families. We would be honored to be co-creators of your family’s story.
Consider us health coaches that are here partnering with you to improve your pregnancy, birth, and postpartum.
Our goals are:
- to work with you to prevent complicating health conditions and injuries in your pregnancy, birth, and postpartum time.
- for you to grow in confidence, knowledge, and competence in caring for your health and the health of your family.
Birth matters. Choices matter.
It is good to have professionals by your side guiding the health journey towards your birth story. The experts giving you support in the most vulnerable time of your life ought to know you and be known by you.
Birth is a normal physiological process of the body.
Let’s hold trust for this extraordinary life event and create a beautiful birth story.
plain and simple
your place of familiarity
care, comfort, coziness,
your haven of rest.
We work with moms and dads…
connecting them with personalized options that match the birth story they want to create.
We provide health, pregnancy, and birth knowledge, inspiration, and personalization that honor the family and their choices.
A simplified approach to birth, space for listening, creating a vision and aiming towards it…
is a transformative journey.
We desire to help families make the most of this beautiful time in life.
Birthing at home, safely
Thoughtfully, deliberately, and with the best interests of everyone in mind, we have developed parameters for our services.
- We only accept women who are low-risk, ensuring that our clients and their babies are in the best hands possible.
- We only accept women who take ownership of their health by doing their best to make healthy food and lifestyle choices and work as partners with our guidance.
- At our practice, we only accept clients within a 15-mile radius to ensure that we can respond promptly.
- We also limit our client intake to 4 homebirths per month, so that we can provide the highest level of attention and care to each of our patients.
- Because Kim is allergic to cats we cannot take on clients who have house cats.
My name is Kim Brenneman. I am a Christ-follower, wife, mom, daughter, sister, aunt, and friend. A lover of all things creative, I love to study health topics, write, garden, cook, sew, decorate, and plan events in my home and am an out-of-the-box thinker who likes to ask “Why”. I love helping women create beautiful lives and facilitating the best birth possible.
The Birth Assistant
Hey there, my name is Jamie Cady. I was born and raised in the Wellman area where I live with my husband and four kids. I have been in the healthcare field for 17 years. I recently graduated with my Bachelor’s degree in Nursing. I have been practicing as a Registered Nurse for the last 14 years mostly in a hospital setting.